Monday, July 29, 2013

Trunk or Treat




Highlight of my week: Trunk or Treat! The ward trunk or treat was a lot smaller than what I'm use to in Vegas, but there was a good turn out all things considered. Sister T and I wore clown noses and helped direct the traffic. The best part was when Sister H and her amazing family came! She came a little late so it was an awesome surprise! Then towards the end S&J came -though they missed the trick or treat part- and had dinner. A woman in our ward was so sweet and gave them the rest of the candy she had left over and then the H family came over with candy to share too! The funniest part was the costume parade, where all the little kids got to walk across the stage!

 
Friend of the week: Sister E. She is THE CUTEST old lady I ever did see! So funny and spunky at the at of 90, she sure can get everyone laughing! She said, "You can look [at men], but you can't touch..only pinch" along with her cute love story of finding her husband and how we need to look, and look, and look before we make a choice. Her testimony of the gospel is amazing, she knows how much Heavenly Father has guided her and helped her in life and was a faithful church goer for years without missing a day (until recently because of old age) and always talks about how much she misses it.
 
Pictures: Sister Tand I with our clown noses. Me standing in the snow/hail...you can't really see it but oh well!
 
Spiritual Thought: (3 Nephi 14:9-11) I never thought much about this scripture until I came on my mission. It has a really touching message. If we, as imperfect, selfish people, know how to give good gifts - then how much better gifts does Heavenly Father want to give us? He is just waiting for us to ask Him so He can show us with them. By not asking Him we are denying Him the opportunity to bless each of us! Not only that, but Heavenly Father knows each of us individually, even better than we know ourselves, so He knows the EXACT gift we need and WHEN we need it.
 
So...we haven't had our car for the week. The Shawano Sisters hit a deer so while it's getting fixed they have our car. So we've been bussing and biking and walking all week. Not completely sure when we are going to get our car back either. Cool thing though I got to walk through a slight sprinkle of hail/snow. It's much better than walking through rain! Tonight I'm getting my hair cut so expect pictures on Monday! Oh and transfers are on the 6th so please send all snail mail to the mission office address! Not sure if I'll be staying or leaving! We (the elders and Sister T and I) are also singing in our District Meeting tomorrow..not sure how that happened, but it should be fun. We are also teaching 3 workshops at a youth thing this Saturday and then young women on Tuesday. Seems like we never have enough time! Anyways I'm doing great! I love each and everyone of you!
 
With Buckets of Love,
Sister Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment