Monday, September 30, 2013

Sept. 30

October is just about here! Everyday just flies by! I'm working my tail off and having a blast doing it! Winter is just around the corner!

Monday (9/23/13) - Had dinner with a family! They are a super missionary oriented couple. We are actually helping her present at a Catholic Church about Mormons this coming week. Super excited, a lot of people usually turn out. We also found out that we can watch any movie as long as it's produced by the church (not that we ever have time to watch movies - but maybe one of these P-days we can)

Tuesday - New Curative! We went on another tour of the Lambeau Hall of Fame. We went to Oconto Falls (45 minute drive, the very out skirts of our area) to have dinner with a Sister and went and tried to visit a lot of less actives out there. The sister  is such a sweet heart and has a cast on from a surgery she just had - but still insisted on feeding us. For dessert we had apple crumble cake (a lot like cobbler) really made it feel like fall! After that we saw a previous investigator and she accepted our invitation to be baptized (again)! We just need to get her to church some how.

Wednesday - PERKINS MISSION TOUR! from 8-4 we went to Appleton to hear from Pres and Sis Cutler and Elder and Sis Perkins. IT WAS AMAZING! He asked us to write 2 questions down and promised us that if we paid attention we would have our answers by the end (needless to say I got my answers). I felt like crying a lot of the time simply because the spirit was there so powerfully! I loved the question Pres Cutler asked "Do you have enough faith to believe the Atonement will save you?" and the scripture Sister Perkins shared (D&C 64:29) "Wherefore, as ye are agents, ye are on the Lord's errand and watsoever ye do according to the will of the Lord is the Lord's buisness"  Afterwards we saw one of our invesetigators and had the Elders come and give him a blessing. I'm ever so grateful for the priesthood and for all the worthy priesthood holders I have around me! Then a member called and had us over for Stripped cookie salad (fruit salad with stripped cookies in it) it was delicious!

Thursday - We had some homemade tomato soup! She keeps us well fed ;) IT'S HUNTER'S BIRTHDAY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDDO! (I'm sending you a letter today!)

Friday - Did service with a former investigator. Real nice lady and had a lot of fun. We are going back this Friday too. We also helped investigtors move - into the house next door. Finally had dinner at Bishops, he has been super busy and his daughter just left Wednesday for the Mexico MTC.

Saturday - Spent most of the day going to the list Bishop gave us and tracking everyone down. Met with an investigator again and explained the Book of Mormon (again, but it more detail) he is eager to learn and let us get in a few words.  He is quite the talker :) He loved the idea about Christ coming to the Americas and said it makes sense AND he accepted the invitation to be baptized too!! Got to go to the Relief Society Broadcast and his wife came! along with another investigator. Such a great broadcast! I highly recommend it if you haven't watched it! I love the story about the sheep and about the woman with homemade bread. Loved it! Can't wait for Conference this weekend! Those men are truely called and directed by God!

Sunday - Three investigators all came to church! Really wish other investigators could have come though! We will get them next time ;) One investigator participated and provided a lot of good comments in class, he already understands a lot of concepts that we haven't even taught him yet! He was definitelyprepared by the Lord!
Our investigator went out of town so we got a good one on one (or two on one) lesson with his wife. She really opened up and the spirit came in really strong. Oh and we got to see Sister E! I just want to sqeeze her! So cheerfully and hillarious! Sister B said "I just want to squeeze you" and Sister E cheered "Do it, do it!" I was laughing so hard!

Monday (9/30/13) - Played volleyball with all (I mean all 7 sets) of missionaries today. Had a blast! Happy to have other sisters there so we weren't completly surrounded by Elders. I had my first fried cheese curds today with my companion! They are great! Taste just like mozzarella sticks. Stopped by a thrift store and looked at some funny things to wear on Halloween too. Great day!

The best part of the Mission Tour was when Elder Perkins talked about patriarchal blessings and challenged us to read through them and write down "Who you are" and "what you can accomplish" from it. I also want to extend that challenge to all my family who have theirs. Read it. Daily. Look at it and find out who you truely are. God doesn't want to change who we are, he wants us to become who we truely are. If you don't have your patriarchal blessing then I challenge you to read in the Book of Mormon to find out who you are. It's in there, you just have to look a little harder. I love each and everyone of you! I wish I had more time to write about all the other spiritual experiences I've had, I'll try to send a letter out today! I LOVE YOU!

With buckets of love,
Sister Kern



No comments:

Post a Comment