Monday, October 7, 2013

Oct. 7

The days are just going by faster and faster! The leaves are all changing into yellows, purples, and all shades of red! Pleanty of rain these past couple days too! The attached picture is my companion and I having my first "beg" of cheese curds! They are good...like mozzerella sticks. Another picture is me outside by my bike. We biked and it rained..a lot (see Saturday) and I look nice and big because it was cold so I had on a big jacket, then my rain coat. I also wasn't wearing my glasses because the rain made it too hard to see with them on! Lastly is a random picture..I was posing...then our phone started to ring and so it ended up like you see it!



Tuesday (10/1/13) - BINGO! We finally had a chance to go to NEW Curitave and play bingo! I had four people at my table this time. I was able to see our couple investigators, we shared a lesson about "stepping into the darkness" and having faith that more light will come. They aren't taking the needed steps towards baptism (marriage), but we haven't given up on them yet! We then raced over to see another investigator, he is doing great and read up to 1 Nephi 4. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and answered his question about the Trinity. He readily accepted the Godhead AND the invitation to be baptized on November 16th*. Last, but certainly not least, was another investigator! We had a great talk with him, Sister H gave great input as always. I was excited to hear that they had started to read the Book of Mormon together as a family! I know it'll really bless his relationship and keep them strong in their testimonies until February 8th finally comes around. He has some dedication! She works Sundays so he takes his 2 little kids (2 &4) to church by himself. He has such amazing faith and will power!

Wednesday - Got up at 5am to teach seminary at 6 with the Elders. Spent a couple hours volunteering for "Feed My Starving Children", boy was that a lot of work, but sooo worth it! The food we helped pack will feed 360 children 3 meals for 1 year. We were also able to meet teaching the Plan of Salvation*. He is really excited for General Conference and even called  (on his own) to ask for a ride to it. For dinner we were at the some members who have THE CUTEST kids! Twin 7 1/2 year olds, and a 2 year old. The boys kept us laughing until dinner was ready. The funnest thing was when they would say "Hold on one moment girls" and run to go get a toy or costume. My side hurt to much from laughing! When the dad asked who would like to say the prayer the baby just started right off "ear hevene fader. bress de fud. amen" (dear Heavenly Father. Bless the food. Amen) So stinkin cute!

Thursday - INTERVIEWS WITH District Meeting. I always love interviews! It's nerve racking at first, but you always end on such a spiritual high! President is so in tune with the spirit you feel it just from shaking his hand. We planned the rest of the day that was left until dinner. A family had us and the Elders over for pizza and our Ward Corrilation meeting. An investigator is really excited, he texted us to let us know he had read to 1 Nehpi 12 (he started reading Saturday, so needless to say my companion and I were beyond impressed. If only all our investigators had this enthusiasm!)

Friday - Did service again, she ran out of work for us half way through so we left early and finished our companion study in the car.  A sister came with us one more time (before she leaves for her mission) to see a Sister.  The 2nd best part of my day was visiting with a less active family.  She brought up temples so we had a good short discussion about them. THey are so friendly and sweet! We will get them back to church yet! So the BEST part of my happened when we went to visit a less active. She opened the door. Then she shut the door. Before we could say a word. So we decided to tract the nearby houses (we were about 45mins from our main area because we would be having dinner at a members house near by). No one answered any door, there was one left. A woman opened the door and was on the phone. Turns out that she had met with missionaries in AZ and motioned us in. We told her about the Spanish Branch here and she said she wouldn't mind the spanish missionaries stopping by. Woot! Then there was dinner at another families.

Saturday  - We don't have a lot of miles so we biked....only it was raining hard almost all day. We made it to the Stake Center before it started raining to hard and watched General Conference. All 5 sets of Elders (only 1 have a car) got soaked, poor elders! LOVED GENERAL CONFERENCE! All the talks were simply amazing and heart touching. Edward Dube's was awesome! I love the quote "hit the yoke together", it's so important as a companionship that we are in sync so that the Holy Ghost can more powerfully testify. Oh and we gave our investigator her own Book of Mormon because her husband was hogging his.

Sunday - GENERAL CONFERENCE AGAIN! WOOT! I loved Richard J MAynes talk and Richard G Scotts and Pres Monson..okay I loved them all! David M McConkie said something like "I know I've been speaking by the Holy Ghost when I learn something from what I've said. I can personally testify of that truth! I've had it happen to me on a couple occasions and then I always stop and think "now where did that come from? Did I know that before?" The Holy Ghost is such a powerful ally when teaching others. In between the 1st and 2nd session we went off to visit a Sister really quick. On our way to her building we met JJ. Who proceeded to sing "The Lord's Prayer", for a 86 year old he didn't do too bad. I will admit that I wanted to laugh at the sheer oddity of it all. After the 2nd session we saw our investigators and I had my first Wisconsin Brat, and it was pretty good. He was happy to tell us that he had made it to 1 Nephi 20 and she had read up to 1 Nephi 18! He had a couple questions that were easy to clear up and we taught them the first part of the Plan of Salvation. We had a great discussion and she even read and participated (when he wasn't talking away :) ). We have high hopes for them!  

D&C 68:6 "Be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you; and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, that I am to come"

I love all of you and wish you the best! Wish I had more time to write everything! I miss you!

With Buckets of Love,

Sister Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment