Monday, December 16, 2013

Shawano anyone?

It's offical my time here in Green Bay comes to an end this Wednesday. I'm being transfered to Shawano. Just so you can understand the awesome irony of this I'll explain. My district has 4 companionships. Green Bay 1 Elders and Sisters and Shawano Elders and Sisters. Shawano is a whole 45 minutes away and the sister being transferred from there is coming to take my place in Green Bay! Even better news is this...our investigator is being baptized on the 28th of this month and I'm close enough to go! If I had been sent anywhere else I would have had to miss it. Sister E will be my new companion and she is amazing! We've done lots of role plays with her at District Meetings.

Be sure you send any mail to the mission address:

Sister Kassidy Kern
7111 W Edgerton Ave Ste 100
Greenfield WI 53220

It was sad to say good bye to the Green Bay 1st Ward. I will miss them all so much! They've been like my family away from home. Great support and love and such a desire to share the gospel with others. We will be spending a lot of time visiting people the next 2 days and saying my good byes. As Brother B said "Heavenly Father has been so good to me" and there is nothing I could have asked him would have been better than my time here. These 6 months I will truly cherish, Green Bay will always hold a special place in my heart, along with its members, people, and yes even it's football fanatics.

Spiritual Thought: (Ether 12:4) With Christ's birth in Bethlehem came the hope, the hope for a better world which leads people to do good. Not only were the 3 wise men and people in Jerusalem looking forward with hope for His birth, but the Nephites in the Americas looked forward and prophesied of His coming. Now when Christmas time comes around we know we can still look forward towards Christ for His coming. We have the hope that He was born, crucified, and arose. We know He still lives and will come in His glory again to the earth. We each have the hope that all the pain, sorrow, and affliction in this mortal world will end and the Prince of Peace shall reign. As this Christmas times comes closer I challenge you to study and ponder about the hope Christ brings to your life and then think of someone you know who may need that same hope brought to their own lives.


With Buckets of Love,

Sister Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment