Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day


What a crazy week! I don't even know where to begin!

First off - S WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!  It was amazing. I'm so grateful that I was able to be a part of him coming to know the truth of the gospel! 

I got my hair trimmed and it's straight today. Sister O straightened it on Sunday.

I went to Green Bay 2 on exchanges with Sister A. I learned a lot from her and I'm excited for their baptism that is happening this Saturday.

I loved being able to Skype/talk with my family! It was odd afterwards to know that that was the last time I'd speak to them until I'm home. I'm grateful for the P's letting me use their computer and phone!

I love street contacting using family history. Many a time people aren't willing to talk to me about Christ or religion, but they are willing to talk about themselves and their families. Ask them where their parents are from and they will go on and on. 

I have 2 baptism dates for June 7th. C and E. C has come to church 8 times now I think. He just needs to have the rest of the lessons (he is sick a lot) and to read the Book of Mormon consistently. Now that we have a new phone we send both of them scripture reminders.

Which leads me to another amazing event! We got a new phone. We are literally the only phone the church pays for that isn't Sprint, because we have next to 0 service up here. It has been such a blessing not to have to drive into Clintonville to get service and make calls! 

Zone Conference is this Thursday! I can't wait! Then President Cutler is coming to my ward's fireside to speak to the youth! When he opens his mouth I can't help, but sit in amazement. His wife and he are what I call a "spiritual giants." I learn something new each time they speak. I know it will be a great experience for the youth, many of them are planning to go on missions themselves. 

Spiritual Thought: One thing that I have learned on my mission is that "As [ I ] choose to live on the Lord's side, [ I'm ] never alone."
1. In General Conference there were many warning saying how as members of Christ's church we will have to stand up for our beliefs. There are many people I've met who have challenged my beliefs, those values and knowledge that I hold dear. However, God has promised us that we will not be confounded before men and I can testify of that truth. There will be times you might not know the exact answers, but He will guide you on the words to use. It has happened to me time and time again. When you stand up for your beliefs - the gospel of Jesus Christ - you are standing up for Christ, you are standing up for God. "If God is with me than who can be against me?" https://www.lds.org/youth/video/dare-to-stand-alone?lang=eng
2. On my mission there have been a couple times that I have been/felt alone. I've learned at times  when I'm sad or scared I can always turn to the Lord. Once I got separated from my companion and I had only been in the area a month and was still unsure of all the streets. I had a faint idea where I was. It was getting dark and so I started singing "A Child's Prayer." I found a street that I thought looked familiar. Soon I was in an area that I was more familiar with and there was my companion looking for me. I know our Heavenly Father has given us the Holy Ghost so that we are never truly alone. He is always there. 

I love you!!!

With Buckets of Love,

Sister Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment