Monday, May 26, 2014

Spring showers bring......more bugs!

Another crazy week! The sun has been shining so Sister O and I have hit the pavement! I love street contacting! It's much more...interesting people. For instance, this older gentlemen was walking with his granddaughters and as he came to us he said, "Let's walk around the pole" and took them onto the grass and around the pole to stay as far away as possible from us. It was pretty funny!

Zone Conference was this week and as always it was amazing! A couple of my favorite quotes are:
"The change was one of attitude. Doubt yielded to faith"

"When we truly understand who we are and our responsibility we cannot be stopped"

and my own personal motto "Hit the ground running"

Every time I go to Zone Conference I just want to go out and baptize the whole world! My favorite part though was after. Sister Cutler had all the sisters gather with her in the R.S. room. There we had a little meeting all our own! I love all the sisters I have a privilege of serving with!

On Tuesday I got into a fight with a tree. We were helping Sister L clean up her yard after the winter months. Her little bush had grown into a gigantic tree like thing and I was in charge into making it back into the bush that it was meant to be. The bush wasn't thorny, but I did get a lot of scratches as I trimmed it back. It made me think a lot of the story told of the Currant Bush. I always loved how I was the Currant Bush and though it sometimes hurt when God trimmed me back,  making me into a better "me" I never thought of how He might have felt as I resisted or fought back (or tried to at least). When we resist God's gentle guidance and fight against Him, does it hurt Him? How He must feel as His beloved child rebels against He loving guidance. Surly it must hurt, He loves us so much and only wants what is best, but must watch as we often turn away. No wonder God truly rejoices in the one that returns to Him!

One of the most touching and surprising things happened this week, not only once, but twice. Both A and Sister L made the comment how much they loved Sister O and I and saw us as their adopted daughters. I was so touched by that I couldn't help, but give them each a giant hug!

President Cutler came to the Shawano Ward Bonfire! He did a little talk and everything. The ward really loved having him there and it was neat for them to meet the people I talk so much about (well not all that much, but still). I hoped it helped the members get super pumped up about doing missionary work because we truly can't do much without their help!

Sister L is on her way towards her baptism on June 7th! Her only possible set back is she can't miss a week of church (so the next 2 Sundays). HOWEVER, she came this past Sunday for the first time since 2007 when the missionaries first tracted into her! Woot! Also she expressed how excited she is to finally be baptized and even invited her daughter. She listens to the Book of Mormon each day on her computer (bad eye sight so she can't see) and prays to know it's true everyday. She feels like she finally got an answer! I'm super excited for her - a little sad its 3 days after transfers so I might not be here for it - but excited and happy for her to make this important step in her life!

I love you all! Have a beautiful week!

With Buckets of Love,
Sister Kern


No comments:

Post a Comment