Monday, January 13, 2014

The Frozen Tundra

Hey!

There are so many things that happened this week! We had Zone Training and the DTM and interviews so a lot of my week was taken up in meetings :b but I love them. I always learn so much!

Friend of the week: So we are now teaching the Cs, which is a realllly long story, but to keep things short I'll just say that they are the Elder's investigators that we accidentally tracted into while trying to find a less active. Oh and Sister C speaks no English. Luckily Sister J is a RM and is from Peru so she is joining us in teaching them. We teach, she translates. Not sure where this will lead (they can't get baptized for certain reasons), but they are willing to learn and we have plenty of time to teach.

Event of the week: We went Geocaching this morning! The P family is very much into it and set up a Geocach just for Sister E a month or so ago and we had enough time today to go find it! Took us about an hour of searching, but I finally spotted it. Oh and while we were searching in the forest for this cach we saw this car pull of the highway (on purpose) and drive across the frozen lake. I know it's cold and all, but really, your car! No worries though, he went safely across.

Spiritual thought: I'm not going to write much, but this go and watch "On the Lord's Errand" on lds.org (link is on the bottom of the email) and really ponder what you can do to listen to the gently promptings of the Spirit.

Other News: I had homemade deer jerky - it was delicious - made homemade navajo tacos - also delicious. It's 31 degrees out, perfect weather, I don't need to wear a jacket for once. Sister E and I helped the Bishop's wife make 25 lunches for all the Stake Presidencys that came up for ward conference. Had a blast helping her. She is the sweetest woman ever! She is also a speech therapist for kids at a school and her daughter (who helped us) teaches 1st grade. We were able to go to their school (long story)  and boy, if I was going to be a teacher I'd want to go to their school! I loved Ward Conference. A lot of the people in the Stake are from Green Bay so I was able to see a lot of the members of the GB 1st Ward! It was great!
One thing I've really loved is keeping a personal study journal. I write down anything and everything that comes to mind. From thoughts about a chapter I read from the Book of Mormon, to questions that come to mind, to goals on how I can improve. It's been a true blessing to be able to go back and read my thoughts from before. Not only can I see old insights, but I've been able to see how much I've grown. If you don't have one I highly recommend starting now! Keeping my study journal has also made it so I don't just read through a chapter and move on, it makes me stop and ponder. I've noticed a huge difference in my studies. They've been come even more spiritual and powerful as I've let the Spirit guide my thoughts.
My favorite find was in 3 Nephi 18:32 when Christ is talking about the less active members. He advises the strong members not to cast out those who aren't choosing the right, but to strengthen them. We will never know when that person may change, repent, and come unto Christ and if we don't give up on him we can be the means of bringing them to salvation. Like it says in the previous verse, Christ knows His sheep, we don't. Which is why we should always be that helping, unjudging ha!d.
I love you so much!

With Buckets of Love,
Sister Kern


No comments:

Post a Comment