Monday, January 27, 2014

Transfers

Transfers: I'm staying in Shawano and Sister O is coming here. Odd thing about transfers is that Sister T (a previous companion) is now my Sister Training Leader so I'll be going on exchanges with her once a transfer. Also my zone split! I'm now in the Green Bay South Zone! The mission has changed so much since I've gotten out. There were 6 zones not too long ago and now there are 9 and the Appleton Zone looks like it'll split soon too. Sister E is off to Oshkosh to serve with Sister H.

Big News: WE HAD 3 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH! They all came to church and loved it! We have barely had any lessons with them, and still have a lot to teach, but there is a lot of potential in them. I'm so excited for the Shawano Area!

Friend of the Week:  C was Miracle #4 last week. We met with him earlier this week and semi taught the Restoration (he is a talker and it's hard to get much in once he starts). He is in a wheel chair, he was a cop for 30 years until he got shot in the leg. C is his care taker and reads the Book of Mormon with him everyday! I'm so excited for the both of them...though I'm pretty sure C wants to set either Sister E or I up with his son...we tried explaining the whole "we can't date while we are on mission" rule, but I'm not sure if it got through to him. Oh well! He is a sweet guy and C is awesome!

Other News: Sister O is pretty new to the mission field so she doesn't have a GPS sooo I finally got around to buying one. With an area as big as ours a GPS is a must, a lot of the streets aren't even listed on a normal map (not that I'd have any clue where to even look for a street on our map). We had a lot of dinner appointments because Sister E is leaving.

Sister E Spotlight: Sister J.E. has been out on her mission for 14+ months. She has served in Madison, Milwaukee, and Shawano. She is one of 6 kids (3 boys and 3 girls) and is the oldest. She is from Mesa, AZ. She loves Stargate and Sanctuary (and now Doctor Who curtesy of Sister K and I talking about it a lot). Her guy is serving his mission in Tahiti. I love her! We laugh and goof of all the time - when no one is around of course. I don't remember a day I haven't laughed this transfer!

I'm out of time! Off to see an Amish Bishop to give him muffins and to our dinner appointment at the P. Don't worry - we won't get stuck this time!
With Buckets of Love,

Sister Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment