Monday, February 10, 2014

There's Winter in the AIr

It's been another week of miracles! I have to say I love God's timing. It has worked perfectly time and time again this week! In our area we are focusing heavily on re-activating in-actives. There were at least 3 occasions when we met LAs when they usually shouldn't have been home, but happened to at that perticular time and day. Each day during planning I look through the ward list and pick about 10 names for us to go see and each time we meet at least 3 of them and find out that 2 have moved. Which compared to the week before is a massive improvement.

Blessing #1: The highlight of my week was meeting with a investigator we haven't been able to meet with for about 2 months to have an actual lesson. She went on a tangent (as all Wisconsites do) which I managed to some how tie into our lesson. The Spirit was strong as Sister O and I each bore our testimonies about the Book of Mormon. Throughout the lesson I was guided to ask some "inspired questions" (as we missionaries call them) which lead to an issue we were able to address. We are meeting with her again on Wednesday to follow up. I really think she has the potential to be baptized this month.

Blessing #2: So the other day we were trying to find a less active and had to climb up these stairs (the first 3 were covered in ice) and the whole thing creaked and groaned. After we knocked a women appeared at the bottom and told us that they don't use that door anymore. As I went back down the icy stairs I ended up slipping and slidding the rest of the way down. Blessing was that I only had a bruised hip! Nothing major and even the bruise didn't hurt all that much. Which leads to another story...so I did something to my ankle. Not sure what, but it got pretty swollen. It's under control now so no worries!

Blessing #3: A car didn't yeild when it was suppose to and so we almost slid into them, but we didn't. Heavenly Father blessed us with traction!

Sister O and I laugh so much, until our stomachs hurt from laughing. It's great having someone so close to my age because we get each others odd remarks! She has such a powerful testimony and a amazing grasp on the scriptures. Often when we have to share a quick message unprepared I share a quick message and she whips out the amazing scripture! I love how she has great ideas on how to teach with object lessons and the creative ability to make them happen!

The K came to another lesson with S. He has been to church for a month straight now and loves it. The only hicup is him being pretty set in his ways (long story), however in class yesterday he remembered something we had taught him earlier in the week. Sister O and I did a happy dance afterwards. He just has to sort through all the things he has learned and the things that we teach and believe. Our next lesson will focus a lot on prayer, because that is one of the best ways he can sort through the truth and lies.

I love you all and remember "God didn't put us on this earth to fail," because "all things are possible in the Lord". With His help we can overcome any trial, pain, confusion, or hurt.

With Buckets of Love,

Sister Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment