Monday, February 24, 2014

This has been one slow, but amazing week!

S: Over the past two months a remarkable transformation. When Sister E and I first tracted into him and began teaching. He seemed to want to teach us everything he knew, but was willing enough to listen to us. I think it was his 3rd time that he started shaving before church on Sunday. This Sunday was his 6th time at church and he bought a new shirt (it wasn't white, but a nice button up shirt) and trimmed his hair and shaved. He has started to listen for most of our lessons and his imput is great! We taught gospel principles and it some how got into a kind of heated disscussion between 2 members and he managed to calm one down and bring the conversation back to our lesson! I couldn't stop smiling! We will be inviting him to baptism this week and I'm so excited!! :D
It is truly amazing to see how the Book of Mormon changes people for the better.  He loves the Book of Mormon and has read up to Alma 49 since we first met with him. I know the Book of Mormon can truly help bring you to Christ. Through the words it contains you can come to know our Savior and his Atonement. I know that the Book of Mormon is true - it truly testifies of Christ and glories in the great blessing that he gives us!

Sister O hurt her ankle so we did a lot of...well planning and other things. Some how during our weekly planning we got M&M's and started trying to throw them in each others mouths. We have so much fun!

At Sister Ps we tried grilled cheese with applesauce. I know I know, it sounds weird, but trust me it is great!

The weather go into the 40s for 2 days and it was AMAZING! but now its back to 0 degrees and all the melted snow turned to ice. Ice ice everywhere!

I love the priesthood! It is great to always have 2 worthy priesthood holders a call away (like for a blessing when a certain someone hurts her ankle). 

Sister J told us the funnest and cutest thing. When you are dancing with a boy/girl make sure there is "room for Jesus" between you!

I want to thank everyone for the Valentine's Day cards I got! 

I love basketball! I'm getting at least half decent at it now. I managed to make 3 shots on Saturday. It is so much fun to get some real exercise in! I miss being able to walk outside and really enjoy the sun.

Like I said it was a slow week, but I love you all so much and I love being able to share the joy of Christ with those I meet!

With Buckets of Love,

Sister Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment