Monday, March 10, 2014

9 months!!

I can't believe how my mission is just flying by! In 2 days I reach my 9 month mark and 1/2 way point. It seems like just yesterday I was dropped off at the MTC! But enough about that....it's 35 degrees outside! I actually didn't have to wear my jacket all day! Water is dripping from everywhere and I love it! I'm so excited for spring!

On another note...S is doing wonderfully! He told everyone he talked to at church that he is getting baptized. Last week we taught him the Word of Wisdom and he gave up coffee without hesitating. In our Gospel Principles class he has brought a tangent back to our lesson. He is just eager to learn and absorbing it all like a sponge. I'm so excite for him!

After Zone Training we went of exchanges! I went to Green Bay 2 with Sister T (and yes she is one of my previous companions). It was a blast! We've been trying to strengthen our relationship with the ward so we attend young womens some weeks and this week was hair! Each of the girls showed how to do a different hair do and best of all R came (an investigator) and she seemed to really enjoy it.
On Saturday I helped a sweet old lady named E shovel snow away from her house (or else the basement would flood when the snow melted). I stepped into the snow and down I went...up to my hip in snow. I had to shovel my way out and to the house. It took us and the Elders 2 hours to shovel a 3 feet deep  from her house. It was a nice warm (25 degrees) day so I was happy to be outside!

We went to the H family for dinner on Friday and her daughter (who is 7) her own Book of Mormon. On Sunday we saw her crying and asked her what was wrong. She had forgotten it at home. Her mom then told us that she has been reading it like crazy and highlighting "God" "Lord" "Jesus" every time she sees it. Sister O and I both do it, I love to see how much the Book of Mormon truely speaks and testifies of Christ.

Basketball was a small turn out. The Elders, us, and Brother Y. The fact that Brother Y came (who is inactive) was amazing though! We had fun just shooting hoops and talking to him. Hopefully the C family will be able to come next week.

At the moment Sister O and I are obbessed with the song "What do I know of holy," if you haven't listened to it you should! It was on a CD we got from the G Sisters who got it from the APs.

Spritual Thought: 2 Corinthians 4:15-18. God has given us everything! This earth, the sun, the sky and trials, pain and sorrow are all for our sakes! That we may reconginize His grace - or His divine help or strength - and thank Him for it! In doing so our spirits are renewed everyday, though our physical bodies may be exhausted or sick. Our trails are made light as we thank Him, because we remember the eternal perspective of life. God asks us to give thanks, not that He needs it, but because it can truely bless our lives! Giving thanks helps us see His love for us through the things around us. My challenge this time is a little harder than normal. I challenge you to write 1,000 things you are grateful for AND remember to personally thank your Heavenly Father for them in your prayer. I've taken this challenge up on myself as well. I'm on 115 so far! Do you think you can do it? I know that you will feel yourself become more energized, happy, and determined as you do this! You will feel God's love for you more abudently in your life as you notice all the little "I love you"s that He places around your life.

I love all of you! Have a fantastic March! Enjoy the wonderful spring!


With Buckets of Love,

Sister Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment