Monday, March 24, 2014

General Conference is almost here!

This has been on week of miracles! There are so many things to share I'll just make a list this week.
  1. We volunteer at Pine Manor (a nursing home) and work closely with MJ who is in charge of activites. Last week her mother almost past away and I felt prompted to give her a Book of Mormon with my testimony and favorite scriptures in side. When I gave it to her I mentioned how it is the greatest gift I could give her, the one thing I knew could comfort her than anything else I could say. She started crying and it was the MOST amazing thing!
  2. It snowed on the first day of spring...BUT I still celebrated! I wore a blue, green and black and white flower dress, my new flower covered boots, and flower socks!
  3. S is back! He had an appointment run off that was all. Thank goodness. His baptism is for April 12th (it could be a week earlier, but that's General Conference). He is doing great and has almost finished reading the Book of Mormon (he started Jan 1) and love it!
  4. We not only reached we exceeded our weekly goal for other lessons for the first time ever here in Shawano! Woot! Which leads to #5.
  5. Tuesday night all our appointments fell through so we decided to simply go on a walk (to get service and call people) down Main Street. As we walked down we met a lady who had lost her dog. So now our plans changed. We spent the next 3 hours looking for Rascal. Along our way we met a lot of lovely people - we even got to help move in someones fridge which was fun! Forget tracting I just want to walk around the neighborhoods now
  6. Last time I checked I was in the 300s in my gratitude journal. I still have a long way to go to reach 1,000. If you took my challenge you probably know how addicting it is to do once you start!
  7. I got to pet 2 horses (it was great).
  8. We had Olive Garden at the Ms!
  9. Sister O and I made a life size (well Elder O size) Goliath and had the Easter kids throw rocks (balls of duct tape) at him to defeat him! It was a fun filled lesson!
  10. We have a Bible Study for Women 2 times a month and this past week Sister J invited a friend and she came! She is the most sincere person I've met! After the study we talked with her a while and asked if she wanted to learn more - and she did! We met with her this morning and gave her a Book of Mormon with my testimony in it. She thought it was the sweetest thing!
  11. I now have the Pokemon theme song memorize..but that's another story.
Spiritual Thought
3 Nephi 4:7-10
I love these scriptures! It talks about how Giddianhi's army was super terrifing, but the people of Nephi did not fear the army, but God and pleaded in prayer for help and protection. Because they prayed they were ready when the army came. They went forth to battle "in the strength of the Lord." I know that as we ask God for help, direction, or saftey that he will answer our prayers so that when the advisary strikes we will be able to go "in the strength of the Lord" and all things will become possible to us. We will not fear anything - losing a job, being rejected by friends, or anything unto it. We will be able to go forward in faith with his strength.
My challenge for this week isn't connected to my thought, but from what I've seen this past week. My challenge to you is to write your testimony in a Book of Mormon and give it to a friend. 
My promise to you is that by doing so your friend will realize how important the gospel is to you and the will not reject your offer (whether its to read the Book of Mormon, come to church, come to an activity). He/she will be truly touched by your offer and your friendship will deepen even if they decide the gospel isn't for them.

I think that's everything for this week! I love you all!

With Buckets of Love,

Sister Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment