Monday, April 21, 2014

April Showers bring May Flowers!

This one marvelous week of miracles! First off my 10 month mark was the 12th! The time just keeps flying by faster and faster and sometimes I just wish it would slow down!

Monday - We volunteered at Pine Manor of G's brithday! Turns out Sister K is related to him so we ran into her there! A lot of his families asked us questions wondering why a couple of kids would be volunteering at a nursing home. A great chance to spread the word - a lot of them knew about our church through Sister K and other memebers of their family.

Tuesday - We saw K! Our lesson was how an egg is like the Atonement. Like an egg, we are white and pure when we are born. However over time we become colored by sin just like the egg does when put into dye. That's when the Atonement comes in. Just like how you can crack an egg to reveal a white skin you can use the Atonement and repentance to slowly crack away the stain of sin that you have until you are completly clean. She loved it and we had fun dying the eggs after. Then she surprised us by pulling out a plant for us! Yes they are still a live we haven't killed them...yet. They are a beautiful purple and are bulb plants. They will live for about a month and then we can take the bulbs to our next area! I can't begin to tell you how excited I was!!
This week we taught 12 other lessons -  that is the most I've had in a while and it's wonderful! We went on a walk in Clintonville down Main Street and got to talk to tons of people because they were out enjoying this wonderful weather! Today is a humid 60 degrees and it's a great day to be jacketless! As we walked we waved/smiled at everyone who drove passed. There are lots of "sweet" people in Clintonville (We got lots of smiles and waves..and a couple honks and other such things) and only a couple "sour".

Sunday - We passed S off to the elders - for a variety of different reasons - BUT we have 2 other baptism dates now. Sister L - how has been taught since 2007 and Brother L who Sister E and I met in January. I'm very excited for them, they have sweet spirits and an eager desire to learn! So during Relief Society the whole group pretty much bawled our eyes out the entire time. Sister B did an AMAZING job. She barely even spoke. Each of us got to read a story about a woman in Christ's life (from "their" point of veiw). The hardest one was Christ's mother, Mary, as she spoke of him growing up and then having to watch him on the cross. She shared a couple other videos and music clips and bore her testimony at the end. The most powerful lesson I've had at church in a while, don't get me wrong a lot of them are Spirit filled, but usually its a softer feeling.

Spiritual thought - 
1. The butterfly. It starts off as a caterpillar - not beautiful nor stunning in any sense of the word. Then it becomes wrapped in a cocoon for a time before it emerges as a majestic butterfly. Jesus Christ. He starts off as a carpenter - not beautiful nor stunning in any sense of the word. Then we suffers and dies wrapped in cloth and laid in a tomb for a time before he emerges as the Savior of the world. A simple analogy, but I'll never look at a butterfly the same.
2. I know that Christ suffered in Gethsemane for my pains and sins. He chose to die on the cross. He broke the bands of death by rising again on the 3rd die. I know that because He lives I can do all things. He is my Savior, my Redeemer, and my friend. He is the Son of God and He is risen. That is why that no matter what He asks of me I can do because I cannot fail while I am on His errand. 

I love you all! Thank you for all the wonderful Easter wishes! I hope yours was amazing too!




With Buckets of Love,
Sister Kern


P.S I'm staying in SHAWANO another transfer with Sister O!

No comments:

Post a Comment