Monday, October 28, 2013

Blair's Halloween

I can only send so many pictures per email so here is another one. I'm wearing a cow hat thing we found at a nearby story..and no I didn't buy it, although I wanted to. I figured it wouldn't be the best way to represent Christ. 

Most days Sister Taylor and I bundle up and climb in our beds to study and stay warm. I'm sure we look pretty funny. My hair cut is tonight, so excited! Remember that "nice" blond streak I had? Yup it's finally long enough to get cut off. My hair has become more than a pain, I don't think I'll ever be able to grow it out. Too think, too curly. Megan is being our driver today - took us to Burlington to find our coats and to the library and grocery store. 

Yesterday Sister B took us to church and Sister E and then we had popcorn and played Skip-bo during our dinner hour. It's a blessing to live with a member for sure. Sister T was already here before and I've been here for 3 transfers now, so we haven't a clue what the transfer will bring and what will be happening. I love it here and wouldn't mind another transfer here, but I also wouldn't mind going somewhere else, whatever the Lord chooses is fine with me. I will miss Sister T though, nothing better than laughing as you work! Tell the boys I miss them!
 
This week we had a great lesson with S&J. The spirit was really strong as we talked about the enabling power of the Atonement - the power to receive strength to get through hard things, instead of asking for the hard thing to be made easier. She opened up and shared some things that she had been facing and having a hard time with, and I asked her when the last time she prayed, personally, with God. She hadn't for a while, so we challenged them each to pray at least once to Him everyday. I never was one to pray everyday, but since I've been on my mission and we pray upwards of 10 times a day I have realized, not only the power of prayer, but the peace of prayer. When everything seems to go wrong, all you need to do is kneel down and that storm that was raging around goes still. While there can't be world peace, we can each obtain a personal peace. It's like you are on a boat in the middle of a storm and prayer is that lighthouse guiding you into the safe harbor of God's love. (yup it's a pretty bad analogy I know).
 
I think one of the best things was Sister H coming to church in two consecutive weeks! She has been at such a stand still that I wasn't sure how committed she is, but recently there seems to be a change happening in their family and it's exciting to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment