Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sept. 16

My 3 month mark was 4 days ago! Crazy how fast it has flown past!

Tuesday (9/10/13) - Last District Meeting of the transfer! Lots of good byes and pictures! I need to buy a SD converter thing or something so I can get the pictures of my camera and send them to all of you! Anyways DM was on revelation through prayer and how to help our investigators with praying. I got a lot out of it and really made me think about our investigators and I realized that a lot of them don't pray in front of us any more! They simple call on either my companion and I to pray, so we've been challenging them once again to pray with us. My companion made her delicious oreo brownies!

Oreo brownies
1 bag mint oreos
1 box of brownie mix
1 jar of vanilla icing
1 jar of marshmellow cream

Make brownie mix as box directs in a bowl. Crush half of bag of oreos and mix in brownie mix. put brownie mix into pan. Heat marshmellow cream and drizzle half of it over brownie mix. Cook as instructed. Crush rest of oreos and mix with remaining marshmellow cream and icing. Let brownies cool and pour mixture on top. Enjoy!

We had dinner with the a family. Really sweet great couple. 

Wednesday - Had a lot of people cancel last minute sadly. Got to have dinner at the a families though!...It was one crazy night. So after we left we tried to get on the bus home, only there was already a bike on it so we had to wait for the next bus. Only problem was that the next bus was also the last bus of the night. If it had a bike on it we would have to bike all the way home in the dark..not a happy thought. We figured out a plan after a quick prayer and rode down to another bus stop. The bus would pass by the bus stop on its way to the station and we could hop on then. If the bus still had a bike on it we would have to wait until it came back around for the last time. Thus we had 2 chanced to get on the bus instead of one. While we waited (it was already 9 o clock at night a really dark) a man drove by waving frantically and pulled in the parking lot behind us. Turns out he is a member from the 2nd ward and was worried about us and made sure we were all right. Then after he drove off a van pulled up worried about the man (the member) and if he had been bothering us and if we were alright. Anyways after all these kind people the bus finally came and we caught the last bus home. Needless to say we didn't make that mistake again.

Thursday - Our Sister read the Book of Mormon twice on her own! I wanted to leap for joy! It's the first time she has done it and she said it was actually a lot easier than she thought it would be! I was so ecstatic! Sadly though, we met with our other investigators and he is going through a lot of medical problems and had been in the hospital all day. Like any good sister missionary we called in the Elders who came and gave him a blessing. His  faith is incredible and I think he will make a amazing priesthood holder in the future. My 3 month mark!

Friday - Didn't get to see anyone :( We tried a lot of homes of less actives and a contact, but to no avail. We did get dinner at a members though and that was great! She got her endowments out 2 weeks ago and is to happy and excited to go again and do her family history work there. She is only a convert of a year, but you'd think she has been one her entire life!

Saturday - We met tons of people on the bus! I love riding it! You don't get to meet nearly as  many great people when you drive a car! The bus drivers all know who we are and often ask us about our missionary work! I really want to teach a certain man one of these days! He'd make a great member! An investigator couple had us and the Elders over for dinner and we watched the Restoration Video with them and man was the Spirit there strong! We gave them a over view of the church organization (pres monsoon, 1st presidency, quorum of the 12 etc) to explain who Elder Perkins was and how big of a treat it was to hear him speak on Sunday. She told us she knows she needs to get married soon so she can be baptized, not willing to give up the "big wedding idea" quite yet but she is getting there. A missionary couple, stayed with us so they could attend Stake Conference. They are amazing at family history and getting less active involved! It was a blast hearing all their stories!

Sunday - STAKE CONFERENCE! Elder Perkins spoke and boy was he amazing! Even better our investigators came with all their kids! Afterwards she said that she really enjoyed it and felt the spirit strongly during the 2 hours. She even asked if she could meet with him (which she was able to do). Hopefully this will help her decide that she doesn't need a big wedding, but who knows!

Things here are slow, but great! I'm constantly meeting new people and I know the Lord has prepared someone out here to hear and accept the gospel and I'm determined to find him/her/them! I'm constantly learning and growing along side my investigators and more often then not I learn from them! My favorite quote is "Coincidence is simply God's plans falling into place" (not sure if I just made that up or if someone else has actually said it) Every person is a soul that is waiting to hear the gospel, a person who is in the dark and doesn't know of the great light and joy that can be found through the Atonement! God loves each and everyone of you. He knows what you are going through and has a way for it to make you stronger! I love you so much and wish you all the best! I wish I had more time to write all the spiritual things that happen daily, but I can't begin to describe them in an email within an hour! I'll try to send letters this week!

I love you! I wish you all God has to offer!

Love
Sister Kern


No comments:

Post a Comment